PhD in lawNationality
- Commercial law and commercial contracts
- Sports law
Currently I am working as Representative of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine in Italy (Milano).
I have over than 20 years of legal experience in dispute resolution, including commercial litigation, cross-border litigation and international arbitration and mediation.
I regularly acts as a lawyer, arbitrator and expert in international arbitration processes in accordance with various arbitration regulations in cases of civil law and procedure, intellectual property, sport law, real property, corporations, construction, damages, trade disputes in the defence complex, securities, commercial agreements, privatization, finance and leasing, economic zones, shipping, aircraft, oil and gas, nuclear power.
Holding PhD at law and having Scientific Title “Docent” qualified me to train police cadets and officers as well as students in National Police Academy of Ukraine, where I worked partially as Professor of the Chair of Civil and International Law..
Subject of my theoretical research is Corruption, to which I have dedicated a number of publications, where I analyzed a number of regulations governing the relations regarding damages caused due to corruption, and made a number of proposals to the current legislation of Ukraine.I am a member of the UNODC Anti-corruption Expert Group (2012), Member of the International Association of Anti Corruption Authorities (2012); Member of Ukrainian Bar Association; Professor of the Chair of Civil and International Law of National Academy of Internal Affairs of Ukraine; Visiting Professor of the National School of Judges of Ukraine, Visiting Professor of the CoESPU training centre in Vicenza, Italy.
My experience and track record in dispute resolution have been recognized by many international legal organizations, including the UN, OSCE, IDLO. Additional experience working for various field missions, such as UNMIBH (UN Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina), UNOMIG (UN Observers Mission in Georgia), UNMIL (UN Mission in Liberia), OMIK (OSCE Mission in Kosovo) and UNHRMMU (UN Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine), IDLO (International Law Development Organization) has given me an insight of work in international organization. I have learned to work in multinational environment, taking into consideration culture and traditions.
1. Herald of Constitutional Court of Ukraine. – Kiev. January, 1998
Article ‘Right on the compensation for damages’
2. Collection of articles dedicated to the 50-th Anniversary of the Council of Europe. – Kiev. May, 1999.
Article ‘Right on the compensation for damages caused by unlawful actions
of inquiry and pre-trial investigation in police of Ukraine’
3. Herald of Dnipropetrovs’k Law Institute. Dnipropetrovs’k September, 1999
Article ‘The main aspects of the compensation for damages caused by unlawful actions of inquiry and pre-trial investigation in police of Ukraine’
4. «Law Herald» Magazine. Kiev, No 4, 2000
Article ‘Actual problems of compensation for damages caused by
unlawful actions of inquiry and pre-trial investigation in police of Ukraine’
5. «Law of Ukraine» Law Journal. – Kiev, November, 2002
Article ‘Compensation for damages caused by unlawful actions of inquiry and pre-trial investigation in police of Ukraine’
6. «Business. Economy. Law. » Magazine. – January, 2003
Article ‘Reasons of damages, caused by unlawful actions of inquiry and pre-trial investigation in police of Ukraine’
7. Problems of legal regulation of civil liability for corruption offenses
(“State and Law” № 4, 2012)
8. The concept and content of the human right to compensation for moral damages.
(“Journal of Law” № 4, 2012)
9. Current issues of regulation and combating corruption in Ukraine.
(“Herald of Uzhgorod State University. Law Faculty” №19, 2012)
10. Damages incurred as a result of corruption by customs authorities
(“Customs” № 6, 2012)
11. Participation in the 4th IAACA Seminar, Dalian, China, June 2012
12. Participation in the International scientific conference
“Methods to promote and protect human rights in the context of European integration of Ukraine” (Odessa, 20-21 July 2012) – a collection of abstracts, p.42-45, IS Nizhyns’ka “Analysis of the application of international recommendations for regulatory and legal regulation to combat corruption in Ukraine”
13. Guest speaker at the 6th Annual IAACA Conference in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, October 2012 – “DEVELOPING CAPACITY: THE IMPORTANCE OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE : EXPERIENCE OF UKRAINE” – http://requisitoire-magazine.com/tag/iryna-nizhynska/
14. Participation in the International Visitor Leadership Program, US Department of States, May 2015